Amps

Mr A

Hi, A lot of guys on here have nice installs, and ive got some subs and amps to stick in the z, only im confused as to where to put them, i could mount both amps on a mdf board and attach it to the back of the custom subwoofer enclosure which fits underneath the rear bridge, er, thing. Or i could place them in the factory subwoofer location but seems a bit cramped, i really want to avoid putting the amps in the boot.

So can anyone show me where they put thier amps and where the best locations would be to mount them?

i put mine here

100_2149.jpg

Paul

Ive actually got the same amps you have, including the subs.

amps are: 475a & 1600a & subs: 2 x 1050w.

is the board the amps are on part of the box or is it a seperate mdf board?

Why not put them in the glove box behind the passenger seat ? run the cables up to the sub under the rear strut brace

I was thinking about it, but would it involve extra work to secure the amps in there? or would i have to take the glove box out?

Why not put them in the glove box behind the passenger seat ? run the cables up to the sub under the rear strut brace

I was thinking about it, but would it involve extra work to secure the amps in there? or would i have to take the glove box out?

the big box the rear of the passenger seat, you could screw it to the back panel :thumbs: out of sight

if you put it in the small glovebox above it, it may get very hot

i built the box and slotted it in and the shelf sits on it and screws down onto the box

here are some more pics

100_2144.jpg

100_2142.jpg

100_2140.jpg

100_2130.jpg

100_2137.jpg

100_2150.jpg

Ive got a box similar to yours, only mine isnt as deep, the box i have is 6-8 inch in depth, now im worried that the subs wont have enough space inside, altho im sure it'll be fine, has some spacer rings so could use those too.

I like the idea of using a shelf in the back, would show off the amps nicely, also like the idea of using the rear box, behind passenger seat but nobody has pics off anything like that.

Also, just curious, but when you have the volume at full blast, does it drain your battery a little? for e.g. do your headlights or interior lights dim? thought id ask as im gonna be running what you're running right now, and was a bit worried about that.