Your Track Day Guide - the first in a series

CAT@CAT

Many of you have been asking Colin to share his knowledge and experience on paper. Well here it is!

For the first time in over four decades, inspired by the questions our clients ask time and again, Colin is publishing the engineering view on constructing your successful track day.

The first in a series: Your Track Day Guide - Where to Begin & What to Buy - looks at all those questions you ask when first thinking about heading to track:

• What car would you buy for track days?
  • Would you upgrade the brakes?
  • Which circuit would you choose for your first track day?
  • What is the likelihood I will damage my car?
  • Do I need insurance?

Written to help you make informed decisions, optimise spend, purchase the right equipment, ensure you keep safe and have fun. 'Your Track Day Guide' will help you enjoy every circuit mile you drive.

Containing knowledge for both seasoned enthusiasts and novices, this guide is informative, helpful as well as useful.

To buy your personal copy & support Mission Motorsport, use this direct link

Learn about:

• Setting tyre pressures for track day driving from Matt at TrackToys Racing
  • 5 level track day modification guide for safety
  • Upgrading brakes for track driving
  • What essentials to take to get the most from your track day
  • What car will suit your life & driving preferences
  • Choose the right track day car for you
  • Open top car or fixed roof – what do you need to consider?
  • Heavy car or light car – what are the implications?

And much more.

The paperback is available to buy on Amazon now, with an eBook following in the near future.

All proceeds after the deduction of fixed Amazon costs for the purchase of Your Track Day Guide will be donated to Mission Motorsport. The £18.50 purchase price has been determined to generate a donation of £5.95 per copy. Mission Motorsport work tirelessly to support veterans through their philosophy of 'Race, Retrain, Recover'.

Two positive outcomes – you are learning to participate in safe track days, whilst contributing to a worthy cause. A win for all.

This is what Dickie Meaden, co-founder of Evo Magazine, journalist & racer had to say about the book:

“There's very little to beat the thrill of driving on a race track. The freedom to drive fast. The challenge of learning the smoothest lines. The satisfaction that comes from getting the best from yourself and your car. Few things are more absorbing or addictive. However, if you're new to it, track driving can also be daunting and intimidating. Scary, even. At least if you attempt to drive too fast too soon, or take to the track in a poorly prepared car. There is much to learn. Fortunately Colin Hoad is here to help. Or rather his book is. With four decades of wisdom distilled into its pages, this comprehensive Track Day Guide contains everything the enthusiastic newcomer needs to get the absolute maximum from their track day adventures. The only thing it won't prepare you for are the number of friends you'll make, the laughs you'll have and the unforgettable memories you'll bank along the way. So, enjoy the book, and enjoy your track days. Something tells me you're going to have a blast.”

We trust you enjoy the read.
KR
Jo

To buy your personal copy & support Mission Motorsport, use this direct link

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I realise that I am a bit late to the party on this thread, but I missed it until now. I picked up a copy when it came out and, as a someone with a little bit of track time but not a lot, it's been really useful to think about all the considerations of thing your pride and joy out, as well as the things I need to think about for myself too. The good thing is, as I get more time on track there's still plenty of content that will be useful as I get more experienced.