R34 brake discs worth keeping ?

DavidS14

Not even got a Z yet but I have R34 brembos on the front of my S14 and I have a spare set of discs in the garage.

The R34's are 324x30 and the 350's are listed as 323x30 so would the spare set of discs I have be worth keeping hold of as the R34/350 calipers look pretty much identical ?

TIA

4:05am :scare::scare::yawn::scare::lol:

good question, to be honest mate, if you get a UK spec or jap st spec the brembos that come on the Z are pretty decent so I personally wouldnt worry about replacing them, not exactly sure of the difference between the r34 ones and 350z though. And unless you are going big F.I the brembos that come on it are pretty good. If anything sell the ones you have and either uprate the disc or pads with braided lines :thumbs: And have money left over for pop charger and perhaps zorst :thumbs::drive1

Jay, hes not on about keeping the callipers, hes got a spare set of discs for them that he wants to know if they fit a Zed :doh:

David: Speak to the traders on here (BigPhil@ESR, Kev/Gav@Envy, Adam@Z1auto) they will be the quickest route to an answer. I dont know the ins and outs of discs and fitment but they do sound mighty similar ;)

Jay, hes not on about keeping the callipers, hes got a spare set of discs for them that he wants to know if they fit a Zed :doh:

David: Speak to the traders on here (BigPhil@ESR, Kev/Gav@Envy, Adam@Z1auto) they will be the quickest route to an answer. I dont know the ins and outs of discs and fitment but they do sound mighty similar ;)

:blush: ok perhaps I shouldnt post so early in the morning when my brain is only working 20% :blush: soz bud :lol:

The hat size on the R34 disc is bigger no good for the 350Z and although caliper looks the same it is not , different pad shape and size.

Phil - you got PM, now I know you're awake you can read them :teeth:

Replied

Good man - on both counts :thumbs:

Shame that they change the disc sizes/dimensions on these cars, would be far easier to have industry standard sizes ;)

The hat size on the R34 disc is bigger no good for the 350Z and although caliper looks the same it is not , different pad shape and size.

No real problem as I can soon sell the discs once I've swapped cars but I thought I'd check.