Newbie question - Handsfree Phone Connection

dnandrews

:welcome:

what has probably happened is that the previous owner has sold the bluetooth adaptor separately on somewhere like ebay after selling the car. The dealers are under no obligation to re supply another bluetooth adaptor. I reckon sadly that you'll have to purchase one separately. As said before try MJP or Holdcroft. See the forum discount section for more info.

If the dealer advertised the car as having bluetooth connectivity then they should have ensured the adaper was there for the purpose, remember it is the adapter that provides that function not the cradle or anything else in the car.

Mike: This seems to be an increasingly common issue. May I suggest a warning sticky in the FAQ's, or wherever you think appropriate, so that others are pre-warned? ;)

done :thumbs:

Excellent suggestion, thanks for doing that.

Just as an update, in the end I bought the BT adapter from MJP for £75, along with a set of official 350Z front mats.

Also fitted an Ice-Link FM Modulator iPod kit and cradle today with the help of the quide on this site. Would probably not have been able to do it without the guide.

David

A bit slow but Welcome, welcome, welcome !

Most people seem to struggle with the that bluetooth voice thingy in practice, interesting to see if you find it works for you. I've given up answering anyone while traveling, just enjoy the Zed journey's often forget to listen to anything other than exhaust sounds.

A bit slow but Welcome, welcome, welcome !

Most people seem to struggle with the that bluetooth voice thingy in practice, interesting to see if you find it works for you. I've given up answering anyone while traveling, just enjoy the Zed journey's often forget to listen to anything other than exhaust sounds.

I'm a bit late to this thread too but as I was reading I was thinking that if you hadn't already purchased one, I was going to say not to bother as it doesn't really work when the car is moving. All my conversations go like this:

Them: "Are you on a handsfree kit?"

Me: "Yes, its a bluetooth car kit"

Them: "Can you hear what I'm saying"

Me: "Yes, its my bluetooth car kit, its not very good"

Them: "I can hardly hear a thing your saying"

Me: "Its my sh1tty Bluetooth Car kit!!!"

Them: "Pardon?"

Me: "I'll call you when I've stopped"

Them: "I can't tell what you're saying"

Me: " :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: "

Can honestly say I have never had a problem with the bluetooth - no complaints from callers about reception, apart from the proverbial tunnels. :)

Biggest problem is with the on board Miss Pardon when I voicedial - deaf old bird :dry:

Can honestly say I have never had a problem with the bluetooth - no complaints from callers about reception, apart from the proverbial tunnels. :)

Biggest problem is with the on board Miss Pardon when I voicedial - deaf old bird :dry:

I've never had probs either. I used to make miss 'right turn' satnav speak to miss 'pardon' bluetooth. Great entertainment..... :blush:

I've never had probs either. I used to make miss 'right turn' satnav speak to miss 'pardon' bluetooth. Great entertainment..... :blush:

:lol:

I haven't had much chance to use it yet but will be interesting to see how good it is.

In my previous car I used to have a seperate BT adapter on the sun visor which worked really well but was a pain to keep removing and didn't integrate with any car controls or mute the radio etc.

A work colleague has a Z4 and his in-car BT sounds terrible. Can hardly hear him over the engine and sat-nav system.

David