Threaded Brembo Calliper

pmacleod

Hey all, so I've been busy during the whole lockdown trying to get as much done with my Z as I can, and got myself finally replacing the old brake lines and some sections of hardline where it was corroded. I just finished doing the front ones today and just waiting on some new bolts and such to finish the job... but I had a bit of a snag on the way. So, one of the front brembo calliper bolts threaded a section of the calliper. The bolt is also buggered, not a problem since im replacing them all anyway. I managed to screw in one of the cleaner bolts I had back into the thread to attempt to "fix" the thread and see if it could hold anything. It does hold, but im hesitant to run with that as a fix... Or even really torque it up much. So my question to you guys, has anyone had this happen before and what did you do to fix it up? I want to know what options I have, some reading got me to either try to re-tap the thread (already tried as I explained), put a helicoil in (dont have experience with these), or replace the whole calliper. Now after some quick looking around I dont see many of them for sale, unless anyone knows of one being (sadly) broken for parts. 

Cheers!

car.jpg