BMC Induction?

Mr A

Hey, does anybody have any advice about bmc/cda induction kit? doesnt cost an arm & a leg (just a finger), but looks the business, might not be as good as k&n or hks, but ive seen it around and thought maybe someone has tried it and can give me any advice on its performance (keep in mind that my engine is still unmodified, so it would be the first mod)?

popchargers sound B) bigphil sells them £95 iirc

i had a bmc cai on my last car and it sounds great, aren't they £200+ ?

the zed ecu is self correcting so no mod really increases performance except maybe a plenum spacer unless you get a piggy back ecu

most mods are for noise or looks :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

popchargers sound B) bigphil sells them £99 iirc

i had a bmc cai on my last car and it sounds great, aren't they £200+ ?

the zed ecu is self correcting so no mod really increases performance except maybe a plenum spacer unless you get a piggy back ecu

most mods are for noise or looks :thumbs:

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1543162.htm

This is the bmc induction kit, But nobody ever talks about it, so i figure its a waste of time.

Ive met a few Z-heads at meets & they always suggest a popcharger, only im ashamed to ask what a popcharger is.

here you go

its basically a cone air filter that gives the engine a nice deep tone when under load

nice :) , ive had the middlebox in the exhaust system removed already, so id imagine id get better sound too with the popcharger, brilliant, i guess i know what my next mod is.

cheers mate :thumbs:

Hey, does anybody have any advice about bmc/cda induction kit?

Actually I spoke to BigPhil (trader on here) about these not so long ago. After having a good write ups from the VAG boys I thought it would be good. But from what he has seen on the Zed, the flow rates arent up to that of the pop charger and recommended I save some money and get one of them instead.

Either way, they wont improve performance in terms of power as the ECU cancells it out. Some say it improves throttle response, but most say it just sounds better. Adam@Z1auto usually recomends people try and get an 06+ airbox if they want the best performance as it flows the best :thumbs:

if you have a jap import and you use a hks speed derestrictor on it, will this also cancel out the ecu self learning program? So any mods would be bhp increase? not sure if Mr A has a jap or uk but be nice to know

06 plate uk spec, mate.

tbh, im not really into the sound of the car, mostly into performance & power increase. But after rethinking what ive learnt so far, popcharger is my best option.

if you have a jap import and you use a hks speed derestrictor on it, will this also cancel out the ecu self learning program? So any mods would be bhp increase? not sure if Mr A has a jap or uk but be nice to know

06 plate uk spec, mate.

tbh, im not really into the sound of the car, mostly into performance & power increase. But after rethinking what ive learnt so far, popcharger is my best option.

On the basis of your comments I'd save your money for something which will give you a more worthwhile gain. :)

06 plate uk spec, mate.

The weekend in Wales may make you rethink the noise issue ;)

06 plate uk spec, mate.

On the basis of your comments I'd save your money for something which will give you a more worthwhile gain. :)

+1 plenum spacer maybe :thumbs:

06 plate uk spec, mate.

The weekend in Wales may make you rethink the noise issue ;)

ive heard the welsh-boyz are nutters when it comes to noise :teeth: