About to pull the trigger... Anything i should know?

6 minutes ago, Irn Bru said:

:welcome: cheapo tyres on it would worry me tbh, very few members on here would put crap tyres on their Zed, even when putting it up for sale. Have you run a mot history check on it, that'll tell you if it's been looked after generally and also very good service history is a must. Zeds are brilliant cars if looked after but theres a lot of dogs around that have been abused. My advice would be always buy off a member here when possible. Theres a much stronger chance it will a documented history. And any problems its had has been disscussed on the forum amongst members. Good luck with your purchase.

PS: Hope you've got a understanding s/o, the virus is real and consuming. 

Thanks Mr Bru,

service history is good, 2 year gap in it but there are multiple receipts for that time for filters and consumables as he Gent claims he was doing it himself (he’s an engine development engineer and had proof lol)
I have also seen a beautiful example near me now on Autotrader, silver instead of this one in black, FSH, just had a full detail, Advan Sports all round and 53k on the clock instead of the 66k of the eBay one. tempting but much more dear (£9.8k)

full hpi check came back crystal

And yes; the missus is very understanding. 
I’m fortunate enough to work in that “essential workers” category :wacko: and She’s a sparky so she’s never really worked a day in her life ;) 

stay safe

Edited by Reg97
  • Like 1

As long as receipts are there and it all looks genuine then I wouldnt get too hung up on not having stamps in the book. Would rather have receipts and no stamp than a stamp and no receipts! Anyone can stamp a book, and servicing isn't rocket science lots of people can do the work themselves.

15 hours ago, Reg97 said:

Thanks Mr Bru,

service history is good, 2 year gap in it but there are multiple receipts for that time for filters and consumables as he Gent claims he was doing it himself (he’s an engine development engineer and had proof lol)
I have also seen a beautiful example near me now on Autotrader, silver instead of this one in black, FSH, just had a full detail, Advan Sports all round and 53k on the clock instead of the 66k of the eBay one. tempting but much more dear (£9.8k)

full hpi check came back crystal

And yes; the missus is very understanding. 
I’m fortunate enough to work in that “essential workers” category :wacko: and She’s a sparky so she’s never really worked a day in her life ;) 

stay safe

Not sure if already mentioned but I'd double check the headlights for condensation etc as quite common, I had to change one of mine soon after purchasing as it failed. The facelift headlight is really expensive from dealer £600+ so unless you get lucky buying one from a scrapper etc can be quite a big bill!

I would be using the virus to your advantage definitely a good bargaining tool to have! Dealers will be struggling to sell cars & private sellers will be struggling too as all the major trade in car places e.g. WBAC have slashed their values massively so not much of a back up plan if they can't sell privately

Good luck! 

Got it lads!

will post up some pictures later after I’ve given it a fresh wash ;)

however... the “rear axle click” that I was listening for on the test drive seems to have appeared now (but I can’t be 100% sure?)

ive seen a post about greasing the collars - but since I’m not particularly mechanically minded (with cars) id have no idea what to do without pictures :not_me:

anybody have any suggestions of places to take it. I’m based in Staffordshire. I want to take very good care of this car wherever I possibly can. Worried me already lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Samoht said:

Nice one!

As far as I know the axle click was a problem on earlier cars, not really on the HRs, so it may be something else.

Oh dear...

the clicking is only audible “sometimes” and it keeps pace with the rotiation of the wheels (so as I’m slowing down it slows down and vice versa)

thinking of taking it to Cougar Store for them to have a look and assess it (if that’s something they even do) and fix any issues or preventative stuff.

2 hours ago, Reg97 said:

anybody have any suggestions of places to take it. I’m based in Staffordshire. I want to take very good care of this car wherever I possibly can. Worried me already lol

Someone may be along soon to suggest what the problem may be. Does not sound like 'clicky axle' but clicky axle can affect all models including 370Z.

Tarmac Sportz in Derby are excellent and you will always get good, honest advice from Bob. 

4 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

Someone may be along soon to suggest what the problem may be. Does not sound like 'clicky axle' but clicky axle can affect all models including 370Z.

Tarmac Sportz in Derby are excellent and you will always get good, honest advice from Bob. 

Ahh, just took it on another drive and didn’t notice it at all. Definitely intermittent

will give Tarmac Sportz a call at some point this week, cheers mate

Edited by Reg97

4 minutes ago, coldel said:

I got it on my car, the best way to get it to click is to drive next to a wall in first gear and throttle on and off with the windows open, you can much easier hear the noise bouncing back at you. 

Im more interested in not hearing the click! Lol

im assuming it’s not axel related then if you can cause it with the car at a standstill.

ill have a listen tommorow 

Yeah seems to only occur when turning the wheel a good turn (think small roundabout or tight bend) And then persists for a few moments.... 

reckon it’s something the lads at Cougar Store could have a look at? Are they on here at all does anybody know?