The Crashtras replacement!

Stew

For those that saw my thread on my poor Astra runaround getting written off you'll know I was after a replacement.

Well it's arrived! Picked up a Land Rover Freelander last night.

Yes, I know about headgaskets etc. :lol:

It is pretty straight and got it for a VERY good price so thought what the hell.

It actually is not bad to drive, not everyones cup of tea but it's road manners seem excellent.

It's a lotus! It's the 1.8 K series, hence the head gasket comments. I know what I could be letting myself in for. :lol::blush:

I'll take pics tomorrow.

I was very impressed, I thought it's be rolly polly and that but it's not. And it has a really nice chunky and quite small steering wheel. I like that! :D

I know what you mean Rob. 4x4s look cool dirty. It's a little gay 4x4 though so might aswell make it clean! I'm also intrigued to see how the paint comes up as it's actually a pretty nice colour.

Well Freelander, Zed and bike. I'm nearly a young Lomoto only I have hair. And he has more cash! :lol:

Well I was hoping Tim might give me a flat cap too. It'll go a treat with the barbour and wellies! :D

Maybe.... :blush:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think with the Zeds recently reduced ground clearance I thought it'd be nice to be able to go over speedbumps! I actually fancy taking it off road a bit. Not much though...... I used to do it im my dads old winter Shogun. Was top fun! I'm not allowed to do it in his Rangie or my mums jeep.

I know what you mean Rob. 4x4s look cool dirty. It's a little gay 4x4 though so might aswell make it clean! I'm also intrigued to see how the paint comes up as it's actually a pretty nice colour.

So don't clean it otherwise it'll look like a 'treasured little gay 4x4' :p

I look forward to seeing the clay bar and deep polish results then!! :teeth:

How does it drive? :blush:

It actually drives pretty nicely. I'd say it's a generation ahead of the other gay little 4x4s of it's era. Not wobbly and doesn't roll. Not a performance machine but handles like a 'normal' car.

Yep. Probably further offroad than most 'chelsea tractors'

I actually took it off road the other night in a new industrial estate that is under construction. The GF had a go too.

The police then followed me and pulled me over as apparantly there have been break ins!

Never pulled in my Zed in about 20 months and pulled in the freelander in 3 days! :lol::lol::lol: