Airbag resistor not working

fijifixit

Hi guys, 

I bought a Driftworks steering wheel and a shorthub off eBay for the zed. 

The shorthub came with 2 resistors for the airbags. After installing the aftermarket wheel and putting the airbag resistor on ( I only have one yellow airbag connector on the wheel ) the airbag light is flashing. I thought maybe it’s a faulty resistor so I replaced it with the other one. Same issue. 

It flashes then pauses then flashes again. I’ve tried the key on and off procedure but this doesn’t seem to fix it. 

another issue is that the steering wheel is off Center to the right by quite abit. If I try Center it when driving, the car pulls to the left. I’m certain I lined the shorthub up correctly.

any ideas? 

Can’t help with the resistor problem. When i fitted my momo hub the resistor supplied worked fine, possibly could it be the wrong ohms/watts resistor supplied as it was from ebay?

for the off centre wheel, again when i put my aftermarket wheel on, it just would not line up straight as the 6 bolt pattern to fix to hub and the splines on the steering rod for the hub only allow set degrees of movement but any decent alignment place will get it pointing straight, luckily when i fitted mine i was at an alignment garage and they sorted it. 

9 hours ago, G1en@waxandshine said:

Can’t help with the resistor problem. When i fitted my momo hub the resistor supplied worked fine, possibly could it be the wrong ohms/watts resistor supplied as it was from ebay?

for the off centre wheel, again when i put my aftermarket wheel on, it just would not line up straight as the 6 bolt pattern to fix to hub and the splines on the steering rod for the hub only allow set degrees of movement but any decent alignment place will get it pointing straight, luckily when i fitted mine i was at an alignment garage and they sorted it. 

Could be, do you know what ohms and watts the resistor is supposed to be? I read on the forum 2.2ohms and 0.25-0.5w? 

This is my steering wheel when driving straight. I fear this is way too off to be resolved by tracking? 

@ZMANALEX Can you possibly help?

IMG_5908.jpg

9 hours ago, karlh said:

When you use the key on-off procedure to place the system in the diagnosis mode, what is the flash pattern (number and length of flashes)?

It flashes twice, then pauses for about 2 seconds, then solid light for about 2 seconds.

Then light goes off, and restarts the same blinking again.

1 hour ago, fijifixit said:

It flashes twice, then pauses for about 2 seconds, then solid light for about 2 seconds.

Then light goes off, and restarts the same blinking again.

That's the blinking pattern for the driver's airbag.  Here in the USA all our Zs have 2-stage front airbags with a yellow connector and an orange connector.  In your original post you mentioned the yellow connector.  Did you miss the orange one?

1 minute ago, karlh said:

That's the blinking pattern for the driver's airbag.  Here in the USA all our Zs have 2-stage front airbags with a yellow connector and an orange connector.  In your original post you mentioned the yellow connector.  Did you miss the orange one?

Mine is a UK spec which has the one stage airbag. No orange cable, just one yellow one. Its possible that the resistors that came with the shorhub have the incorrect resistance on them. Does anyone know which ones they are? 2.2 ohms?