TORQEN to the rescue

JoshTSquared

This is a bit of an unusual one but I feel it's worth sharing with everyone because I feel Adrian @ torqen has gone above and beyond here. 

I've had my 350z now for a couple of years and buy pretty much everything from Torqen because if it exists, they can probably get it. Even if it isn't on their site they can probably get it. Now I've always wanted an S15 silvia and the time came a few weeks ago where I realised that if I don't get one soon I probably never will. In the next year or 2 they'll become available to import into the states and the prices on all discontinued Japanese cars has rocketed in the last few years.

I also decided it would probably be best if I could get one imported to minimise the chances of it having any rust from our dirty roads and it would probably work out cheaper than getting one already here. People do it all the time, how hard can it be right? I start doing my research as I do with everything before I dive in and straight away I'm seeing issues. To buy an old car in Japan you pretty much have to do it through Yahoo auctions which means you need an address in Japan, a Japanese mobile number, and a Japanese keyboard to pass the captcha security just to make an account. There's also a lot of mixed information out there about duty, shipping costs, taxes, and various other fees.

This is where Adrian steps in. 

I messaged him asking for help (he replied immediately as he always does - even at 4am), with all the info I needed. But then he went a step further. I found the car I was happy with - a big project but I have big plans for it so pain, engine, gearbox, bumpers etc weren't priority. Just a rust free, full interior shell. Adrian said he would take care of the rest. He and his contact in Japan have purchased the car on my behalf, prepared the car for shipping by fitting various parts to allow it to pass through customs freely, transported it to the docks, arranged shipping... All I have to do is pay the tax when it arrives and drive it away. 

It has been so easy for me that I told him he should offer this service to everyone and I believe he soon will be doing. 

I can't thank him enough and encourage everyone to speak to Adrian at Torqen if they are thinking about importing anything.

TLDR; Torqen can get you pretty much anything from anywhere, even an entire car from Japan

IMG-20190731-WA0002.jpg

• Like 3