Driver Power 2006 Results

M13KYF

Nissan 350z 24th

As with many sports cars in the Driver Power chart, the compromised nature of Nissan's 350z has prevented it from climbing higher. Despite having a sizeable boot, the Japanese coupe/convertible has got a woeful practicality ranking (97th), while it's not cheap to run or particularly well built, either. However owners are still smitten with their Nissans out on the road. So impressive is the model's V6 powerplant that it manages to beat evrything from Porsches to Imprezas to the top spot in the performance chart, while ride, handling and braking are all first class.

Performance 1

Ride Quality 11

Handling 6

Practicality 97

Comfort 29

Ease if Driving 23

Build Quality 65

Reliabilty 16

Running Costs 69

Overall Rating 85.62

Audi TT 50th 82.57%

Porsche Boxter (Old) 33rd 84.76%

Honda S2000 1st 92.59%

Its certainly not a bad place to be although... maybe the S2000 owners lie alot about virtually every aspect of the car being so good :bleh::hypocrite:

Still the heart beat is what counts the most and so 350z would win on that count every time, cos she be 'going like a boeing!'

:plane:

I'd think the build quality in the Honda would be better... my previous 8 year old Honda Civic had less squeeks/rattles than my 350z does (I have a list for the next service!).

For running costs, I should think that little 2 litre engine is pretty frugal when it comes to petrol too (when you're about town, not ragging it etc).

Tbh though, I didn't buy the Z for either of the above reasons... Reliability, performance, uniqueness, lots of torque and a car I could live with every day won me around. It look great too!

My point really is that although the Honda might be better on running costs and build quality, it certainly is not at the other end of the scale.

So the overall score should be much closer.

And as far as build quality is concerned, my wife has the latest Civic and I don't think there much difference IMO. That is comparing similar age/design cars.

As for running costs, the 350 is way cheaper than my 2 previous cars, Lexus & BMW.

at the end of the day there is roughly 22 million cars on the uk roads and ONLY 46,000ish bothered to fill in the form for the autoexpress survey not really a complete survey is it :boxing:

To be honest I've had a S2000 and can see where the attraction is. They are built very well, (seem to be a lot better built than other Hondas) and they are more frugal generally.......

I nearly bought another one, BUT my heart was always 350z bound. I just had to overcome the fear of becoming too friendly with my local petrol station! :teeth:

But as already pointed out..... for some reason the S2000 ended up being about £300 - £400 more in insurance (even with the GT version - hardtop) but I know its a group 20 car.....

But who cares, we know why we buy these cars.... and it ain't for participating in surveys. Its for that smile factor when you make them growl! ;):D