Gearbox - Synchromesh problem

Scarabrae

Hi Guys

Currently in the market for a Z.  Was focusing on a low mileage 08-09 350Z.  However, I noticed that I with a little more spent, I can get a high mileage 370Z for the same price.

I called a dealer who had a 2010 370Z with 110k on the clock with a full service history on sale for £9K.  He mentioned that the car had or has a problem with synchromesh on 5th gear.  The fix was/would be about £2k.

This something others have had?  Any advice, thoughts, reflections? 

Never owned a Z before so not much to go on.  Clearly if the work has not yet been carried out then I'd be cautious!

Cheers.

Edited by Scarabrae
Spelling

I'd recommend you stick with a 350z if you're stretching your budget. Only reason I say is, the price to fix a punctured tyre or get a service or even do a mod or two will easily push you over your budget. 

To answer your question, no I haven't had any issues with my synchros and I don't think it's a common problem. There is also a way to deal with synchros, most people have issues with 1st and 2nd gear but that's because they're changing gears too early or shifting down from 5 to 2 too fast and messing the ECU timing up.