350z wont start after ac belt snapped

350dannyp

My ac belt snapped today and the engine cut out it ripped out one of the cables that go into the green plug above the top pulley tried putting it back in now car will turn over but not start I've got all the lights lit up on dash and fan is constantly on and have no temperature gauge am I right in thinking the car should start without  the small belt

Should start without Aux belt (the small one) - Green plug could be the VVT (Valve timing) cable but not sure lots of cables and plugs - pic would be good.

All lights and fan running constantly is  sign of a bigger issue - something is not sending correct info to the ECU I'd have a good look for other damaged cables as a starter. Check under the plastic cover if you have one lot of wires under that to check.

Good Luck :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Had another look today and opened up the secondary fuse box and put testers on all the fuses and found that the ign & eccs cont fuse had blown so put another fuse in and it started straight away I didn't let it run for long as the other belt was squealing and badly frayed