Radiator Fan wire colours

hi

car overheated at weekend maanged to get where i needed but on checking at home i need so advice on the colours of the connection plugs for 2004 350z uk model.

I have checked realys etc they all seem to be activating ok.

Can someone tell me the positive and ground colours at the fan coonection plug so i can apply 12v to see if fans spins up. Dont want to just guess incase damages anything?

thanks

Andy

The + & - wiring colours will depend on if you are running OEM fans or aftermarket.

If the colours are running true from the harness multiplug to the motors then you will be OEM

Just get a multi meter on them and have a play as you will not do any damage.

Remember if you are running OEM fans then you will have twin speeds.

I have OEM wiring diagrams for OEM and aftermarket in the shop if you still require assistance.

hi, cheers

yes they are oem fans and wiring.

imtake you mean multi meter on plug side and heat engine up to test rather than just powering up fans.

cheers

Not an answer to your question but might be helpful- the fan motors on our cars are really prone to failing due to carbon build up on the brushes. 

By all means check the wiring but it's probably them that's the cause of your issue. 

It's pretty simple to remove the fan shroud and motors, then you can either replace them or refurb them yourself (pretty straightforward and there's a DIY thread on here somewhere). 

1 hour ago, semmco said:

hi, cheers

yes they are oem fans and wiring.

imtake you mean multi meter on plug side and heat engine up to test rather than just powering up fans.

cheers

Multi meter on the wiring at the multi plug to check for feed.

Or disconnect the multi plug and provide 12v feed direct from battery to check the motors

Or carry out a self test.

However, as Jack has said, probably just motor failure, so refurb or replace.

• 1 month later...

I just rebuilt my two fans and put them back on the car. The one that was now not working at all (passenger side) now works perfectly and spins when the AC is on and when the car gets above 95°c.

The driver's side one wasn't spinning at. Before I rebuilt it it would spin slowly with help.

I turned the car off and smoke was coming from this drivers side fan. I've taken it all out again and found that the coil is all blackened. I can't see what was wrong with what I did inside. It span fine and looks exactly the same as the other one.

There are two wiring clips going to the fans and I'm wondering if I got them backwards. Does it matter which fan is plugged into which connector block and if it does which is which?!

I found a diagram (please see) that mentions fan 1 and 2 but which is which?

IMG_20190531_225210.jpg

2003_350z_Fan_Schematic.jpg