Clutch Life

SteveW

Good afternoon,

I've used the old search facility and read a few of the topics regarding clutch life. They all pretty much say the same that a few cars suffered with early clutch failure.

I suppose I'm just interested really whats the average or expected life from a 350Z clutch. I'm off to test drive a red UK GT tomorrow and want to check the service history to see when the clutch was last changed and when I should be expecting to change it again if required.

Also what is the ball park figure for a change, in the topics I've read prices vary from £500 up to £1600 all inclusive of parts and labour.

Thanks

same as any other car really...all depends how you drive

anything short of around 60k miles, and it's time to take a driving school :)

Glad I'm not the only one to think that. Didnt know if it was different on the Zed being more powerful, but didnt think it mattered.

About another 6 months to a year before I get a new clutch and lightened flywheel then :)

Just getting mine done, quoted about £300 for clutch, flywheel and exhaust fitting, labour only. Same prices as above for parts - big phil is ya man.

My Zed has done 40k, late 2004. Recently done a lot of town driving, when the car gets hot, clutch makes some unhappy noises. Was after a flywheel so thought I would get the lot changed out