Baby seat in a HR

m4nn13

I know - i'm sorry I shouldn't have done it, but I did and now I have a little bundle of joy taking all my fuel money! :snog::dummy::oops:

But, turns out I need to take her to nursery just 1 day a week come January. So, i've had a lo through the manual for the child seat section. Says we can use them and a "light system" on the console shows when the passenger airbag is automatically disable when a light load is present in  the seat (such as no passenger or a child in a car seat).

Well, it lies. I can see one light which I assume is the driver light, no sign of another light anywhere. :sly:

So does anyone else have a child in their Zed preferably a HR with this "auto shutoff" airbag system and how does it work?

Edited by m4nn13

I have a DE and I'm not aware of 'auto shutoff' or have experience (touch wood). As I only needed to take her to nursery (10 mins drive mainly on busy town route), I opt for a simple car seat (https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5326208) and positioned the passenger seat furthest away. Always ensure my little one is fully strapped with minimum movement on the seat belt.

Looking at the video (posted today by da.murf), I'm confident that my little one is no where near the airbag deployment zone-->

Assuming it`s just the same as the 370, then I think the airbag shut off when a light load in the passenger seat is detected is US spec only.  UK spec cannot turn off the air bag and it is only suitable to use forward facing child seats in them when the child is old enough.