Chris Harris TG Lap: 370z Nismo

350Butcher

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

They were? Maybe it’s the cynic in me, but I remember them being praised for the interior but criticised for the anodyne engine, dull exhaust note and not feeling as lively on the move as the 350. 

I mean, I’m sure they were more positive than that but I honestly don’t recall them being called an improvement over a 350. Anyone got any reviews from that time? Evo, or Car maybe? 

Yes. Definitely. I remember it because in deciding whether to get one I watched and read every review I could get my hands on.  The car was very well received at the time.  Obviously later reviews have been less positive as the car has aged and sales have been poor, but the critical reception was generally very good. 

Edited by sipar69

Yep, it seems when I was scanning down the google pages that the newer the reviews were the less stars there were against the car. Car tech and engineering is leaping ahead each year, can totally see why a newly designed BMW in 2018 might well be much better than a ten year old Nissan. 

For me personally the 370Z’s appeal has changed over time.  I bought my first one when they were new to the market and it was quite exciting to have a car that few people had ever seen and was a competitor for more expensive rivals. 

Now, nearly ten years on, and having spent time away from Zs when I had the remapped A45 AMG, I find I enjoy the car in a different way.  It’s slower, less comfortable and less techy than the Merc, but despite that l get more pleasure out of it because the Merc was just too easy to drive and nobody ever gave it a second look, even though it had the aero pack . 

Edited by sipar69