Rear subframe zip ties and cable clips? so

msitpro

Hi

I have a second rear subframe I have had bushes removed from and am prepping before paint and install of poly bushes.

When prepping the subframe I noticed there are a couple of grey cable clips that looking at photos online hold 2 sides of a cable with a connector between.

1 - what is that cable/connector for, handbrake??

2 - what is the part number for these clips that fit to the rear face of the subframe next to the rear diff bush for it?

Other question - what are the zip ties that are attached to the subframe used for, if anything? They were also crappy so I removed them before prep. If they're functional then I'll purchase new ones... Again if I know the part number.

I suspect this might be a question for ZMANALEX.

The 2 white zip ties hanging off the front of the rear subframe hold what I would describe as a dust shield, its a half moon shaped piece of metal that goes from the front subframe mounting blocks - thats the 2 normally rusty lumps of metal on either end of the W brace and the front subframe bolts pass through.

I have no Idea what it does other than stop dirt getting up above the subframe though.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Hmm, OK thanks.

I'd like to know the part number if anyone knows it, for those ties and/or that dust shield that sounds like you're saying attached to the 'kidney' subframe braces that attach to the chassis/W brace. I'm imagining it to be a large curved aluminium piece.

Also would be helpful to know if I can get the clips for the speed sensors mounting to the subframe separately. My dad is in the trade but says the parts dept haven't got a clue :lol: Sent over a list of about 20 different nut, bolt, washer s etc part numbers I'd taken from a service manual this morning and they wouldn't accept it until my dad had pointed out each one on the drawing!

I don't think its aluminium  I think its steel, not that it matters, as for the other clips I got some that would do the job from eBay, I assume you mean the plastic clips that snap into a hole and have a zip tie top to hold the wire down. I got some that snap in but they have a loop on top so you can put a zip tie through it - and if you remove the zip tie the loop remains intact so can be reused.

I'll see if I can find them but it was 4 or 5 years ago!

Edited by Keyser

No sooner said than done :)

My eBay history does not go back far enough but...................

For a lot of the wiring I replaced with these (not sure if they are the exact same ones but close) and riveted them on

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cable-Tie-Cradles-Cable-Tie-Base-Cradle-Saddles-Fixing-Cable-Tie-Saddle-Bases/132739248112?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D5d7650bd557f4150967803052a8f8fd3%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D192093252509%26itm%3D132739248112&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

And the other ones (from a BMW :scare:)

Were something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Cable-Wiring-Harness-Loom-Zip-Tie-Holder-Clip-61136912200/292744235449?epid=16024175397&hash=item4428ea89b9:g:fA4AAOSw8JZbqrdp:rk:69:pf:0

I didn't pay that much for them though and you need to find out the hole size they fit, although I actually got some generic ones and drilled the correct size hole for them in some places but I did almost bare shell the car :lol:

Edited by Keyser

The other bit you need I assume is this -

IMG_2234.JPG.07ea103e80f0afad89a8dc008c63f0da.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG.363c8417f3efdb12b76d71257131d6d0.JPG

No idea I reused mine and even had this one in the Zed Shed from another strip down they are quite robust and can be reused.

The pic may help with a part number but you could :pmzmanalex: for a pre loved set.