Seijik

DIY wrap

I've been meaning to post pictures of this since i wrapped it, was over 2 years ago now but better late than never! The colour is trenton blue i think, is a cast wrap by kpmf bought from mdp supplies. I've also put some bc coilovers on recently, had a custom exhaust, and new dba discs (which set the car off very nicely!) I also wrapped the calipers in a reflective blue wrap, that was fun....

Apologies for the average pictures, I'll get some better ones soon.

I also reconditioned the headlights whilst doing the wrap, and smoked the rear lights and front reflectors with a wrap film, new badges and plates to tidy it up too!

20180707_175404.jpg

20180707_175330.jpg

20180707_175347.jpg

20180707_175419.jpg

20180707_175432.jpg

20180707_175440.jpg

Wow, so how long did the wrap take and how many mistakes did you make? It's something I've always fancied doing over the winter or something, from the photos it looks superb! 

I spent a solid day doing the prep, cleaning all the seams, badges off, spoiler off, lights out and other bits of trim, then probably 3 pretty long days wrapping it. the first day was very slow though, measuring 12 times and cut once... a few mistakes were made, although no one has ever noticed them until I point them out! That time doesnt include the countless hours watching wrapping videos on you tube, I also bought some small amounts first to have a practice with. wrapping speed shapes seems to give you a good idea of what the material can and cant do. 

Amazing stuff! Did you remove any panels prior to wrapping? How was your paint work before wrapping? I have so many chips and scratches :(

No I didnt remove any panels, the only thing that came off was the spoiler. The paint underneath was very good actually, I just fancied wrapping it! Big chips will show through a wrap, when I did my van bonnet as practice,the chips and rust spots were sanded and filled prior to wrapping.

i've started to wrap mine, The 350 is a toy so I have time on my side.

did you do any inlays? particularly on the front bumper?

20180718_151715.jpg

Edited by varley16

1 hour ago, varley16 said:

i've started to wrap mine, The 350 is a toy so I have time on my side.

did you do any inlays? particularly on the front bumper?

20180718_151715.jpg

Keep us posted this is on my to do list

5 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

Keep us posted this is on my to do list

i have a build thread and will post in that pal.