Roadster - Leeks like Wales (cheap pun!)

stanski

Why in 2008 they still cant make Roadsters that dont dribble water down the inside door window and drip all over your electrical door switch gear (what a stupid place for them) and down into that little pointless plastic tray at side of drivers seat? :wacko:

Well its not a pointless tray its a water drip collector . :dry:

Sorry I'm sure this has already been mentioned elsewhere but what a pain - the carpet is a bit wet at lowest point behind drivers seat - I just think its the steady drip from the roof rubber that butts up against the window - of course when it rains all that collected water has no where to go but down inside the window glass as soon as you open the door- Even Toyota made a better job of this than Nissan! :angry:

Of course mine lives outside so whats the plan now - dry the rubber and glass before locking up at night to stop any rogue water dribbles - of course longer term this will not help the floorpan will it?

Does anyone else have this same problem?? :surrender:

Other than parking in a garage any top tips?

Thanks

Soggy Stanski :blush:

Doensnt sound right Stan, mine lives outside for all of its life and doesnt leak at all. The only time I get water in is when I forget to put the window up fully and put the wipers on.

The only thing I can suggets is that the window is not fully raising when you shut the door, thats to say it drops a little to allow the door to open but doesnt go the full way back up. We have had a few reports of this of varying severity.

Off to look for something, back in a minute ;)

Thanks for that Martin thats good to know :thumbs:

Just popped outside to double check?

The window does slide up automatically after the door is closed - the same height as the passenger one - so I think that bit appears to be okay Dont get this on the passenger side?? I wonder when its been raining and you open the door to get in and close the door - the glass is wet,as the rubber spills its collected water hence any further water has a free channel to run down inside the glass???

Well its up for its first service so will book it in next week - its still under warranty I will get the Stealer children to look at it - maybe the rubber is offset slightly and not sealing as well as it should?? Or the glass is not set in its runner correctly??? Its the Drivers door side that I sometimes get a slight rattle? Maybe something is'nt fitted correctly?

Thanks again Martin - have you managed to sell that GM roadster yet? Or will you give up and buy it yourself? ;)

Must resist :lol:

Definately have a go about this one Stan, mine is less leaky than my boat, they have no excuse. Sounds like is a bad fitting. A friend of mine bought a slightly less upmarket model recently and every time they tried to lower the window it just dropped. :headhurt: It wsnt connected to the mechanism.

:D

Heh Stan discovered the pleasure of the leaks :)

I have to reverse out of my drive each day and have to have the window down (I'd complain about blind spot but I'd like to have a seeing spot) so on a nice day it's annoying. Thats why the nice cup holder in the drivers side has a small towel to wipe all the water away B)

However I don't have any leaks when the doors are shut so that sounds like a bad seal somewhere.

Thanks Guys.

Had a proper shuftie this morning in the sun (yes real sunshine!)

The window appears to be operating correctly (well compared to passenger side) there was a damp patch bottom of drivers seat - lowest spot in the floor I guess - so I had to buy yes yes wait for it - a hairdrier this morning!!! There happy now coupe owners! :p

Anyway as that was being dried out I wiped down and reseated all the seals along the roof and door /sill area - I am begining to think that this may be a Heron Rouge?? Maybe there is water getting in elsewhere from underneath?

Anyway had a good look around all over the shop and all appears to be fitted correctly and in line that I can see?

So its all dry now lets see what the next rain shower brings - its so tricky tracing this kind of fault - I would rather do it myself than some Stealer as they just never refit trim properly and its always scratched or covered in oily marks?

After this fun decided to cheer myself up and remember why I got this car so sun shining roof off - country lanes with just a jumper on (* I also had jeans on etc just in case you were wondering!!

:blush: ) and side windows down - boy that heater is ace!

Bonus left an S2000 for dead caned it from standstill up a hill, took him ages to catch up - he he he (toy car!!) :lol::p

Because its an ex demo the paint has been washed to an inch of its life so can see those swirl marks in the sun a lot :dry: Phase 2 maybe to polish and clay bar and do the full monty but then again its a daily driver and the front bumper is already spotty faced so is it worth the hassle?

My neighbour thought I was bad before but now he definitely thinks I am obsessed with washing the Zed!! Which I am, I hate it looking dirty - which is usually 10 minutes after driving anywhere!

I like the idea of getting a summer set of alloys such as yours btw.

Priorities though!

Off to look at VW t4 van again next weekend - jobs left to do - Zed honeymoon period will be over soon back to real life! Baaaa :scare:

Incidentally Costco has 4 wash mitts for £8 and pack of 24 microfibre clothes for £7 - bargain - real convert to them after reading forum detailing section - thanks guys good info. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Thats the trouble with Nissan my PAthfinder had the brake pedal cluster adjusted too far back - bit worrying - took them 4 times and a lot of pestering from me to find out that my brakes did'nt feel right!! :angry: