Light throttle stutter

mrjones350

My 08  350  has developed a hesitation at low rpm...the problem appears after warm up when pulling away and when re-applying light throttle after lifting off ie in slow traffic...it just happens for a fraction of a second and the car drives fine otherwise ....i found a thread from 2013 with the same symptoms,but apart from mark at Abbey suggesting an uprev map no one really had a definitive solution...dont really want to remap so can anyone  help...thanks in advance guys

Thanks Alex, plugs were done at 42000 and mileage is now almost 57000...I'll get a diagnostic n see if it shows anything up...seems strange that it's running perfectly at all other times...wouldn't that suggest the coils and plugs aren't the problem? 

• 5 years later...

As said before, an Up Rev tune should fix your problem, as this is a common issue on this model.

Iridium or platinum plugs are good for circa 48,000 miles whilst copper plugs only last cica 12,000 miles.

Also, check for engine oil ingress down the coil pack apertures.