This weeks i ave been mostly ...

dcash5

Discovering a shocking discovery,

Heard a metal on metal noise when braking which sounded like very worn pads, but dismissed this as the old owner had put new ebc red stuff pads and had checked, anyway i wasnt happy so whipped the wheel off to find not a pleasent sight, yes he had changed pads to red stuff, but only the outer ones :scare::scare:

View Exhibit A

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

So i treated myself to

Exhibit B

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

You've been seriously ripped off. Id be ****ing fuming, what a tight arse!!! Redstuff pads are only £99 for a FULL set back AND front!!! Sounds like he did it just so that when you looked at the wheel you saw the new pad. :rant::rant:

+1 What a crazy thing to do :dry:

You've been seriously ripped off. Id be ****ing fuming, what a tight arse!!! Redstuff pads are only £99 for a FULL set back AND front!!! Sounds like he did it just so that when you looked at the wheel you saw the new pad. :rant::rant:

+1 What a crazy thing to do :dry:

+2 and F'in dangerous! Good job you had one good pad on each disk or you probably would have had a major accident by now! :scare::scare:

Yeh dont get me started, did you know it passed a MOT like that aswell!!!! Spoke with VOSA to comment on my discovery as you can imagine i was not a happy bunny, apperently if the car stops satisfactorly on a rolling road and when they look through the wheel they see meat on the outside pad, its a pass!!! :scare::scare::scare:

I would of thought its worse having one good pad and one bald pad as its not braking evenly!! Anyway got a nice set of DBA rotors and Endless Pads courtesy of Phil. Much appreciated!! - Ah the bedding in process begins - but on a positive what a nice car the zed is to work on, nice amount of access and im now the master of changing pads on a 350z :yahoo::yahoo: .