Phone misery (again)

Digsy

After my 6100 started intermittently dying on me before Christmas I realised I was stuck with the choice of archaic phones for my hands free. I needed to move to a contract and, perhaps not surprisingly, the shop were delighted to give me a free 6100. OK the phone's pretty ancient compared to the latest model but its small, neat and does what I need it to do, so I wasn't too bothered. :dry:

The first 6100 they gave me lasted about 4 days before it was obviously malfunctioning and went back to the shop. They gave me phone #2 and I tried again. Whilst the phone seemed to work it would not sync with the hands free for love nor money. When I took it back the shop told me that Nissan's kit was so crap that it doesn't work with the latest 6100s which carry updated operating software. (I was never entirely convinced by this but no-one else seemed to know better.) I was told they shouldn't but they would load the old software but it would invalidate my warranty. :angry:

I remembered my old man had an older 6100 and instead of losing the warranty swapped with him and things were fine for a while. Now the hands free is playing up and I've managed to establish that its the phone (again!) not the car kit that's the problem. :rant:

This is now the third 6100 in 4 months that's knackered - not what I'd expect from a simple and fairly old phone! Question is should I give up on the phone kit and buy myself a spanking new bluetooth phone (not by Nokia) or try and find myself another old 6100 just to use the car kit?

Any thoughts? Any recommendations for good phones?

Digsby,

Try a 6210 -6230i

Its what we used to have a at work. Now some updated Nokia model but most of us have had the phone for 3+ years and 2+ hours a day on average.

I would say we have approx 100+ phones and just looked at my counter and has just over 433 Hours of calls since last reset.

They seem robust.

Steve

Got a Sony Erricsson HCB-30 blue tooth car kit in mine which came with the car. Works fine with any phone as long as you've got blue tooth. Np longer make it now but the replacement unit is the HCB-300. You can get it new for £80. Then it doesn't matter which phone or the fiddly swapping sim card.

for the car I use my trusty T68i, to date i leave it in the car and put the sim there when needed.... works fine :)

Surely talking without a hansfree is safer that trying to swap sim cards on the move! :p:p:p

Thanks for the input guys. Just been told by the robbing bastards that I bought the phone off that they won't upgrade me until October!!! Turns out my bro' has an old 6100, so its 4th time lucky........