Vibration through gear stick under hard acceleration

Rhys249

Hi all, I’ve had a search of the forum and can’t find anything on this exact problem, apologies if I’ve overlooked it...

I’ve got a 2003 uk spec Z with 84,000 miles on it. I’ve noticed that under hard acceleration (4000 rpm upwards) I get a bit of vibration coming through the gear stick, I know that the ‘hard acceleration’ may have something to do with it but seems a little more noticeable than other cars I’ve owned. Also I occasionally get a slight shudder when coming off the accelerator, this usually happens at motorway speeds and isn’t a regular thing. Everything runs smoothly under normal driving conditions, never had any issues changing gears etc.....

I’ve had a read about some other places and I’ve read everything from “needs a new gearbox” to “the vibrations are normal and nothing to worry about” 

Would anyone here be able to shed some light on this or point me in the direction of an existing post, thanks 

As long as it's just a little bit of vibration and no crunching/banging then I wouldn't worry about it.

My Zed has the most gear knob vibration of any car I've had but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that Nissan left it like that to enhance the "feel" or something.