EVO-R Nissan 350Z Air Duct Tube Type I

cob1980

I have got one that I bought from The Z store in the States.

Not cheap though.... I paid around £180 for it.

It was $89.95 + Shipping USPS: $102.57 and then import tax @ 10% and VAT @20% on top.

I have subsequently made my own with a larger intake so may part with it.

See:

9 hours ago, GrahameJ said:

I have got one that I bought from The Z store in the States.

Not cheap though.... I paid around £180 for it.

It was $89.95 + Shipping USPS: $102.57 and then import tax @ 10% and VAT @20% on top.

I have subsequently made my own with a larger intake so may part with it.

See:

Wow... That's some shipping charge! OK, I'd you could let me know ASAP please as I'll have the front bumper off soon maybe as soon as next week. And obviously how much you'd want then I can make a decision. Cheers. 

I found there was no need to take the whole bumper off.

The intake can be fitted by removing the under-tray and by wiggling and twisting the intake it can be pushed up from underneath.

From memory I think I removed the top clips on the bumper near the radiator to give a little extra room.

On mine I also removed the passenger nearside plastic radiator shroud which is attached by clips to the grille area,

and modified the shroud to direct air-flow into the intake, before re-fitting.

PM me with an offer if you like, I'm not great at selling things.

Here is the mod I made to left/near/passenger side radiator trim, which partially blocks direct air flow into the EVO-R intake through the grille.

The aim being to channel air into the intake rather than have turbulent air spooling around the edge of the trim.

My attempt is more functional, than aesthetic just using a knife to cut the trim, and a soldering iron to plastic weld the bits cut out back in their new place.

From the front of the car it's sitting behind the grille, and hardly noticeable.

As I said above I replaced the EVO-R intake with a home made version. This has an entry the full size of the of the trim below, to try and ram more air into the intake.

Front view:

Left%20grille%20trim_zpsmzajowi8.jpg

View from bottom:

IMG_2484_zpszomippoy.jpg

Back view:

IMG_2485_zpspge7u9wf.jpg