Window Motor and Airbag

Hey guys, how’s it going! 

Ive had my Z for a few months, great car and I love it to pieces. Only thing is my airbag light came on not so long back. Switched it off using the reset function. Done it again and now it’s gone! Does anyone know actual cause for this or is it one of those unexplained things?

Secondly my window motor has decided to pack in. The window will not move up or down. Has anyone use me the Dorman equivalent as a replacement? Would love to know your thoughts. 

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, good to hear you're enjoying your Z so far :thumbs: First thing I'd try for the SRS warning is spray some contact cleaner into the connectors under the seats, I think it's quite a common issue for a loose connection cause the light to come on. 

Thanks for the welcome dude! 

Okay mate, I’ll get some and give that a try! I’ll see what that does. Now I gotta find a new window motor, not good! 

Was looking at the ones on torqen, the dorman ones. But I haven’t seen anyone review them, so I would like to know what they aren’t like otherwise I’m gonna wait and get an OE one. 

Haven't got any experience with window motors but the guy who runs Torqen, @Adrian@TORQEN is a member trader on here so might be worth firing him a message.

I've never heard anyone moan about his service so I doubt he'd sell you anything that isn't at least oem quality.