Intake manifolds

Olly350zp

So as part of my what I’m calling stage one I’m redoing the entire intake all the way to the block, and the entire exhaust system before remapping, I’ve seen plenum spacers and a kinetix intake manifold seems to be what most people are using but the kinetix every review I’ve read says it rubbish, what is the best for performance option for this area? Just keep it stock? Spacer I don’t know? 

Hi Olly,

Cosworth stopped doing theirs from what I remember, it has been discontinued.  Both Cosworth and Kinetix worked better with a turbo or supercharged car, not so much with the standar normally aspirated car in terms of performance. 

Motordyne plenum spacer and stock intake with the velocity mod and panel filter would probably give you the best performance.

https://www.torqen.uk/118-plenum-spacers

At the end of the day NA tuning won't gain you a lot of power even if you throw money at it the power increase for your money will be minimal compared to forced induction

if you're being sensible then plenum spacer decent filter in the stock airbox or an induction kit for inlet and high flow cats a decent exhaust and a remap and you're done but even that can be expensive 

your biggest gain for that work will be the smile it puts on your face due to the sound and improved response :yahoo:

:)

(and yes I know I'm not one to talk about being sensible :lol:)

Edited by andybp
afterthought