D2R Philips X-treme Vision - Any users here ?

RobPhoboS

I'm looking at buying a set of these D2R Philips X-treme Vision 4800k (85126XV2C1 specifically), however I wondered if anyone else has used them ?

I'm fed up of crappy lighting for dipped beam, and I'm hoping these would bring a decent upgrade to that.

It's for the 2004 DE.

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Right, so I managed to get these installed on the weekend just gone.

Are they better ?

ABSOLUTELY !

Finally I can see very clearly at night with these new bulbs, and I've not changed the beam height either. No more blotchy looking pattern on the ground, just a good diffuse light.

I took a 'before' photo with my phone camera in full manual mode, and went to take another yesterday but for some reason I can't get the shutter speed exactly the same. I'll try again over the weekend, although how much of a difference you will see with it I'm not sure.

note - DO ensure you are sent the right bulbs, I bought some from amazon first of all but these were the incorrect model. Also check the authenticity number:
http://www.chk.philips.com/gb_en/

Lastly there are various manufacturing points to look for on the bulbs, several videos on YT pointing out what to check.

Edited by RobPhoboS