Ball joint replacement

350_Jer

Evening all,

I'm currently going through my car and poly-bushing the suspension and replacing any parts that are worn or a bit tired. The ball joints don't seem to have any play in them, but are a bit 'floppy' if that makes sense when they are taken out of the part they bolt into, so I'm just going to change them all while I've got the car apart for peace of mind and keeping everything in perfect condition.

Are all the ball joints available separately or do you have to buy the arms with them already in? I've seen a few for sale in various places, but I don't want to put some cheap rubbish in there I want some proper quality parts. As I'm changing all the bushes on the car it seems a bit of a waste to buy a new arm and take the bush straight out to swap in a polybush, but if that's the way people do it then that's no problem.

Also, are there any hints or tips to swapping them over, I've seen that some have a metal cone that the ball joint sits into, do they all have that (front and rear)? I've got access to a workshop with a decent press and loads of tools so I'm sorted in that respect.

Sorry for all the questions, all this fancy multi-link suspension is quite new on me, coming from a background of e30 BMW's and 90's Peugeots!