TC/ABS Triggering

RobPhoboS

Wait wait I know what you're going to say.

Tyres/pressure etc
Yes, I've just put on new rear tyres - the fronts are MPSS, and now the rears are MPS4 (standard Rays).
However, I noticed this happening with the worn down MPSS's before changing them too.

Approaching some corners local to me, I know what speeds are 'normal' and going beyond those speeds are treading into quick, pushing and daft.

Going at a normal speed of around 45-50ish the TC light is flickering and the brakes are being applied per corner, making the car wiggle a little bit.

Also I noticed when applying the brakes quite hard from a reasonable speed going up hill on a dual carriageway , they were also triggering per corner and made the car very unsettled (nobody nearby of course).

Initially I blamed the new tyres and the coating on them, however I'm sure I've done well over 200 miles now, and a wee burn out on a mates drive.

Before the tyres went on, my OMP seat went in. 

At the moment I've not put the resistor into the connections to stop the seat belt light flashing (I have harness but also using the seat belt for driving on the road).

I wonder if the TC/ABS is getting overly triggered due to this ? (it doesn't do this on road driving for me usually)

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's not the seatbelt warning light, as I soldered the resistor in today as shown here:

So my next guess is one of the wheel speed sensors, it seems to happen (iirc) when turning right, I'm not sure if that gives a clue as to which one it could be though.

And it feels like it's nipping the rear brakes.