Nurburgring - last week in August 2017

IRUSS3LL

Hi all, 

I'm new to the forum and recently joined the club in terms of 350Z ownership. 

I'm planning a last minute trip to the Ring next week (29 Aug to 1 Sep) and wanted to see if anybody else was going / wanted to go. 

Thanks 

Russell :D

I just got back last week, I did 16 laps with my fastest time being 9.07 in traffic with a yellow flag on the Sunday. 

I managed to stumble across a public driving day at spa whist I were at the ring aswell, so I went for a 25min session for 100 euros, it's only an hour away from the ring, maybe see of theres one whilst your there, it's well worth going.

And I don't know if you've been to the ring before but the pistenklause is a really good place to have something to eat, the walls are full of memorabilia and it's owned by sabine schmits parents.

LOL, eating at PK is THE LAW if youre at the Ring, we went there three nights in a row last time :lol:

Didnt know Spa did public days, Ive got a trackday booked in early October but it would be rude not to check if its open  next time at Ring as well, you pretty much drive past it on the way :)

I've been to the ring before but only in my old MX5. Hoping for a slightly more swift lap in the 350Z!

Heading off tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any tips on nice places to stop off at en route? I've already done Spa, Brugges, Ghent, Brussels so looking for somewhere new to stop off at this time. 

On 29/08/2017 at 13:08, IRUSS3LL said:

I've been to the ring before but only in my old MX5. Hoping for a slightly more swift lap in the 350Z!

Heading off tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any tips on nice places to stop off at en route? I've already done Spa, Brugges, Ghent, Brussels so looking for somewhere new to stop off at this time. 

If you live in Kent Spa is like 3 hours away from you, why would you want to stop? :lol:

6 hours ago, docwra said:

If you live in Kent Spa is like 3 hours away from you, why would you want to stop? :lol:

I had a look at Spa track days but they seem to be quite pricey! And they aren't on regularly. 

I'm hanging around for a few days as meeting a friend in Cologne for the weekend. 

Decided to stay over in Leuven tonight. Sat with a tasty beer so no complaints so far! 

Spa is about the same as Brands or Silverstone GP, but it is pretty special. Nur trackdays are about £100-150 more but are worth it all day long IMO, last time there I got probably 20-25 laps in, it works out about the same as Touristfahrten but is a lot less deadly.