New owner needs help

Hey guys, new on here from just outside Edinburgh, I have owned my 350 now for 6 months and it's still amazing.

Bought her from Falkirk at the end of February. 

I have a list as long as my arm for things I want to do but exhaust is the first thing I would like done.

I currently have a toyosports catback on it and have been looking at a japspeed k4 for it, are these any good? Do people have any recommendations around the same price bracket? 

Thanks

FB_IMG_1498683928011.jpg

Edited by Sharkbaitolh
Missed info

I have heard the japspeed k4 in person when I viewed a few 350's.   Very refined noise and looked the part too.

However...   japspeed don't have the best reputation around these parts. They have been subject to complaints on quality, fitment and after sales service.    I've used their parts before for different cars and found them to be fine but can't confirm for the zeds.

There are a few different exhausts available. One of the favourites is the invidia but it's a grand.

I would give tarmacsportz a call and ask them about the k4 which they sell. They will be honest and using them to purchase it instead of directly going to japspeed would be a smart move if you have any issues at all..  

• Like 1

Best bet would be to try and hear as many different ones in person as possible and see what you prefer. You tube is handy but struggles to capture the true sound, it can give you a rough idea though.

Last few cars I've just went for a custom exhaust.

• Like 1

There are a few places for parts.. I would always look at the traders section on here. 

I like the guys at tarmacsportz and Torqen but there are some others on here that are very good aswell.

If it's your intention to get a cheap one now and have something else later then I would take a deep breath and order the invidia or something similar. Best quality and there are lads on this forum who will have had them for years without issue I'm sure

If the Toyosports one is on and working, not sure why you would change it for a Japspeed as in terms of what they are they are both low cost budget exhausts. Interestingly Japspeed 'quality' is fine, on the GT4 forums a guy cut one up and found that the actual work is really good, its the fitment that is the problem. I have one on my Celica GT4 and its loud and drones a bit, the fitment is 'neat' to say the least. 

If you are looking for lower cost exhausts I would look at the Cobra exhausts that a few traders on here supply, fair bit cheaper than any true dual invidia/ark etc but sound really good. 

9 hours ago, Sharkbaitolh said:

Thanks scobie140,

I have been listening on YouTube but they are all much the same due to listening on my phone.

I will get a custom exhaust at some point down the road but for now just having a generic nice sounding one will do.

Hi I have a cobra resonated catback from Cougars , I decided on this by listening to live exhausts at my local Milton keynes meet ( I recommend you find local meet and have a listen to various exhausts) .

I found the you tube sounds were not fully representative of how they sound in real life.

Hope this helps