2006 black 350z build thread

Thethorne

So I've decided to start a build thread it's going to be a slow process and have nothing major planned just subtle mods here and there and general maintenance. So I picked my zed up on Saturday it's covered 59,000 miles and the paint work is poor. I've had quite a few performance cars in he past but nothing with a v engine. I've owned it nearly a week now and it's taken some getting used too. The drive train is really noisey compared to what I've had in the past and it concerns me a little. My plans are to change all the oils on the car as a first protocol just for peace of mind. So here she is in all her glory.  

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

So I've just got home and done the engine oil and filter. Never known a car so easy to service before in all my life the sump plug and filter are so easy to access. The car certainly seems better for it anyway and I used Castro edge 5w30 fully synthetic with a k&n filter. Next on the list is gearbox and diff oil with some added mollyslip. 

2 hours ago, Thethorne said:

So I've just got home and done the engine oil and filter. Never known a car so easy to service before in all my life the sump plug and filter are so easy to access. The car certainly seems better for it anyway and I used Castro edge 5w30 fully synthetic with a k&n filter. Next on the list is gearbox and diff oil with some added mollyslip. 

Welcome! The paintwork doesn't look too bad from the photos...

Ive got mollyslip in my gearbox, worked wonders! Your not planning on putting mollyslip in the diff are you? As it could lock the differential :scare: as they are quite sensitive to oil viscosity, let alone what the additive could do!

So today I changed my gearbox oil and diff oil unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures but it went well. Luckily I had the help of a ramp but it's certainly something you could do at home on your drive. I used genuine Nissan oils and added some mollyslip to the gearbox and I must say there is a vast improvement I'd recommend it to anyone. Before the gearbox was notchy and stiff now it's silky smooth with effortless gear changes it's also quieter as well so that's an added bonus. I also ch ages my gear knob as the old one was looking tired along with led interior lights and number plate lights and a stubby Ariel. Next on my list now the important mainanance side is done is new pressed number plates and to get rid of the clouding on my head lights.