My Zed

AndySpak

Hi,

I gave my Zed a going over with some Autoglym SRP the other weekend and took some pics afterwards. My car is a fairly boggo GT-spec apart from the mesh grill that a previous owner added (and I've still been too lazy to take off and see if I prefer it with or without it!) and the "extra stubby" aerial that I stuck on.

They look nice when they are clean don't they :thumbs:

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

B) Looking very good mate and yeah they look B) when they're clean

suprising the difference in the amount of attention they get when clean or dirty

Thanks Gixxer. I agree, mine turns loads of heads after a good wash. I think the Azure looks amazing when its clean and fairly ordinary covered in road muck and salt.

Cheers guys, I spent quite a bit of time on the SRP process and even longer trying to get all the white bits out of the panel gaps and off the black plastic parts where I'd been a bit careless with the application! :headhurt:

When I was applying it it was a bit overcast but as soon as the sun came out it was gleaming so I quickly grabbed the camera. One day I'll probably want to sell it so I thought I'd get some nice pics ;)

Cheers guys, I spent quite a bit of time on the SRP process and even longer trying to get all the white bits out of the panel gaps and off the black plastic parts where I'd been a bit careless with the application! :headhurt:

When I was applying it it was a bit overcast but as soon as the sun came out it was gleaming so I quickly grabbed the camera. One day I'll probably want to sell it so I thought I'd get some nice pics ;)

You could do with putting a sealant and wax on top now to preserve that shine and put some protection back..... ;)

Sealant would be the next step. Either AG Ultra Gloss Protection or CG Jetseal 109. I have used the former many times and the protection it gives is great. About 6 months of real good shine. I am just using Jetseal for the first time on my car, but seen it on others and it is at least as good.

Wax after, it depends how often you want to top it up. A hard wax, something like Colinite, will last longer, but not give that little bit extra....

If don't mind topping it up every couple of weeks then my favourite at the moment is P21S.

AG EDS (rather than SRP) & UGP and P21S

DSCF1398.jpg

AG EDS (rather than SRP) & UGP and Spray wax

NSfrontUGP.jpg

:)

Looking B) ...fancy doin mine :teeth:

No thankyou! I enjoy the results but I have to be honest and say I find cleaning my car with a sponge and rinsing it with the hose a ball-ache. By the time I have finished the chamoising, drying and "Karate Kidding" I'm about done for a good 12 months! :dry:

Looking B) ...fancy doin mine :teeth:

No thankyou! I enjoy the results but I have to be honest and say I find cleaning my car with a sponge and rinsing it with the hose a ball-ache. By the time I have finished the chamoising, drying and "Karate Kidding" I'm about done for a good 12 months! :dry:

Get rid of the sponge, please! :headhurt:

Get rid of the sponge, please! :headhurt:

+1 - even my wheels have their own wash mitt :teeth::thumbs:

You're not going to want to hear that I use a piece of torn up old curtain to apply the SRP then are you?

:lol:

:scare::surrender:

If you have any love for your car, buy a wash mitt and some microfibre clothes!! :headhurt::lol: