Newbie questions!

Foo56

Hi all,

I have been lurking around these and other forums, reading up on 350z bits for months now...

I'm picking up my 58 plate HR 350z GT 313 in pearl white tomorrow! :yahoo::yahoo: - Massively excited by this and have been researching mods  etc I want to do for when I do get a Zed, but I just feel like I I'm just lost in a world of acronyms and other things I don't understand! I'm not oblivious to cars/engines but if I'mpart of the reason for getting this Zed is to mod it and improve my knowledge... I'm a measure twice cut once kinda guy and as I don't think I've yet got the best mod lists and order down yet, I was hoping for some help in choosing what to do to the car.

For styling I'd like to put a front mines lip, stillen skirts and not decided on spats/diffuser yet... That's really all I'm looking for at the moment I think - From what I've read, I believe these are bolt on, is this correct?

I live in Bristol so humps bumps and hills are part of driving - I'd love to lower the car but I can see that tearing off the front lip I want on a weekly basis so looked in to air lift, I know this isn't cheap (3-4k from my reading) but is it reversible or am I going to need to drill loads of holes etc? 

Most important for me - Engine wise the general consensus from what I'm reading is to go for the breathing mods such as panel filters, exhaust systems and plenum spacers, then a re-map. What re-maps are available and would be generally advised? I was thinking the ARCmap but there seem to be a few options around this with pops and bangs and what not. There are also so many exhausts to choose from but I've not heard enough to know what they sound like! For me, performance is priority - I'm a buy cheap buy twice man so want to get the best option for the car!

I guess I'd like to be able to return the car back to stock eventually, so I want to keep this in mind but if it's in the way of the mods I want to do, that could well go out the window lol.

Finally - Does any one have any garages around the Bristol area they recommend? No problem travelling farther afield for quality though, but would be nice to have it local! 

Any advice given is massively appreciated - Looking forward to joining on meets etc!

Cheers!

Ryan

The HR doesn't need so much on the intake side, they fixed the angled plenum and went twin air intake.

My HR did have an annoying glitch when driving at very low revs (think stop start traffic) that would cause her to kick like mule for a split second when slowly accelerating. That's all gone with a remap from Horsham Developments (did well over 45K miles as a daily driver like that so it's not impossible to live with, just a real pain in the arse).

Tyres should be high on the list, when they get low on tread or are poor rubber it's really hard to put power down in the wet. Get a bad enough set of rubbers and a regular ford focus can out accelerate you when its raining!

For exhaust check the fittings are in high grade stainless steel too, some of the cheaper options will use a lower grade on the fittings so while the pipes wont rust the fittings might. I know the Invidia Gemini has good fittings, roars when you put your foot down but is nice and calm when cruising. Depends what you're after though noise wise.

I raised mine back to stock height and even now she will still ground out at some petrol stations. Much better though at stock. But given she's my daily I have replaced the fibreglass front bumper with a plastic one. I'm guessing you're already on plastic and adding a lip will give it plenty of flexibility for the inevitable scrape. There are some zeds on here with air kits so I'm sure you'll get good advice on that (or will be able to search for it).

She's a wonderful car and you'll be grinning from ear to ear all the way home tomorrow :)

I bought the best in what i could afford, Motordyne was my choice in exhaust. They offer a range of different systems including the xyz Y pipe which is what i went for after decatting. I replaced the cats with Motordyne Art Pipes (Test pipes).

Horsham Deveplopments remapped my car. Great guys.

Id give them a bell and ask some advice before remapping, theyll be happy to help you.

:thumbs: