MOT rear fog.

Mik Du

Hi, as I understand, it is an MOT requirement to have a rear fog light. Firstly, am I wrong? I know of some imported Japanese cars that have them fitted specifically for the MOT? 

I bought my car with the ijdmtoy smoked rear LEDs fitted. The running lights are wired in to the sidelights and the "bright" mode is set up for braking. Not uncommon. However it means I now have no rear fog. I bought my car this month just gone through MOT, no mention of the fogs? So that is why I'm asking.

Assuming this is gonna cause me a problem I would like "bright mode" to be wired in to the fog switch rather than brake lights anyone know how to do this? 

_20170719_212235.JPG.eab623ab6debd8249b900bd88d7dc0bc.JPG

Yes, you must have a rear fog light. More importantly than the MOT, it would also fall foul of the construction and use regs, so even with an MOT pass the police could still prosecute (unlikely they'll find out, mind you). 

Should be easy to sort, any decent auto electrician should be able to put it back relatively easy.