Replacing undercar splash guard

Taw527

I am being told by the garage that to replace it will mean new wheel arches as the guard has ripped away from the brace. What are the downsides to not replacing it and just removing it? I am guessing an increase in noise and also reduced aerodynamics. Has anyone faced similar issues and what did you do? 

Thanks

I've driven for a couple of months without undertray or front wheel arch liners. Yeah you'll get a few more pings from gravel and so on, which is annoying, but otherwise no significant difference. The reason they were off is I had a new aftermarket bumper fitted and it didn't have any points to attach them. The arch liners attach to the undertray, so when I put them on (without the tray) I just got creative with cable ties for that bit. Fine so far.

Having trouble with getting the plastics and wheel arch liner back from my body shop at the moments so been running without for a good few weeks but would be careful when it rains as the z swooshes the water up and into the headlights. Ended up taping my wiring/back of lights wile I get replacements.

Highly recommend torqens undertray great finish and has a flap that opens for changing the oil :)

Edited by PPod