Welcome to the refreshed 350z & 370z forum.
It will take a little time for everything to settle down. Please let the Team know of any bugs by using the dedicated thread in the Forum Help area.

Welcome to 350Z & 370Z UK

Welcome to the largest 350z & 370z community in the UK.
You are welcome to browse the forums as a Guest, however to get the full benefit we advice you register and create an account. It's quick and it's FREE!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moto

Exhaust resonator removal?

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've tried the search & came up with nothing.

I like the sound of the standard car (370) but would like it a bit louder but not too loud. Has anyone removed the standard resonators & replaced them with normal tubing, leaving the rear box in place?

If so how much difference did it make to the volume & did the sound change as in get deeper or did it gain more of a rasp? Or did it make it sound awful?

I'm not looking for performance gains just a bit more sound.

I did this on my current 350, and it was louder but no where near as loud as it is now ( decatted ). It didn't make it raspy either

Thanks for your reply, did it make much difference?

I had the resonators removed & it has made it sound how I think it should have come from the factory.

At low revs it hardly notices but it has a slightly deeper tone. Once you get it revving it sounds much better with a lovely rasp.

I'm happy.