R200 and R200V differential compatability.

Beefy

Hello all,

Does anyone know the differences between the R200 and R200V differentials?

Wondering if there are any major internal changes, I.E. Pumpkin. as if they're aren't any, this could mean that doing a 3.9 swap became a whole lot easier.

As you could effectively straight swap an SR20 diff in.

S15 Spec-R HLSD's go for around £250 (What I paid for one on my S14, Luckily had a kaaz 2-way in as well).

Haven't found any info on this so far.

Regards,

Beefy

I've also wondered this or if we could use one of the rear diffs from one of the 4x4s instead. The final drive is soo expensive to change on our diffs for what it is. I'm in for the info

Precisely. I'm tempted to just check.

I've asked around a few reliable personal sources and they said all R200 diffs will share same crown and pinion mounting.

What diff were you thinking about? I might just get an R200V from a breakers and buy a standard R200 and see how similar they are internally.

UPDATE: Cheapest place on the web for Crown and Pinion - https://www.rhdjapan.com/central-20-z-sport-4-1-final-gear-set-z33-fairlady-z.html

Currently working around getting a fitting quote from H-Dev, any other traders feel like dropping one, please PM me.

Looking at straight swaps.

Only bastion I've found looking into are 2010+ G37 'vert manuals that have a 3.9 as standard.

Source:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/upload/Z1350ZG35370ZG37GearRatios.pdf

I've also wondered this or if we could use one of the rear diffs from one of the 4x4s instead. The final drive is soo expensive to change on our diffs for what it is. I'm in for the info

Precisely. I'm tempted to just check.

I've asked around a few reliable personal sources and they said all R200 diffs will share same crown and pinion mounting.

What diff were you thinking about? I might just get an R200V from a breakers and buy a standard R200 and see how similar they are internally.

I'm not sure to be honest, maybe something off a patrol or something. Not sure what ratio they use or even what they look like. I'd think a 4x4 would have a nice and short final drive for the torque tho