Snapped bonnet hinge stud - Help please

ZedManTID

So a little while back I decided to adjust my bonnet as it was slightly misaligned.

The stud closest to the bumper that the nut screws onto snapped off flush. Is the stud part of the OEM bonnet (fixed) or can I drill it out and replace? Can't work out if I need to buy a new bonnet or if I can salvage it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA :thumbs:

As I recall the stud is part of the bonnet, I know I have replaced one before a couple of years ago though, it is fixed to the bonnet but can be drilled and a piece of suitably sized threaded bar welded in to replace the snapped stud.

Saves buying a whole new bonnet!

If you've not got welding facilities, I would imagine it could be drilled out, the hole tapped and a threaded stud put in. Just be careful you don't drill straight through the bonnet! Wrap some insulation tape around the drill bit as a depth stop and go and buy yourself a couple of decent cobalt drill bits. The stud thread will probably be m6 or m8.

Either way it certainly doesn't need a new bonnet so don't panic, it does however need fixing sooner than later as you will now be putting more strain on the one remaining fixing.

All the best.