Rev Matching - possible to "over rev"?

Colin747

I'm not sure I really use my heel for anything, its mainly left side of ball of foot does brake, right side does throttle. I think heel and toe is misleading, as it implies the pedals are aligned vertically, whereas pedals are normally side by side.

I guess its kinda heel toe if the brake pedal is top hinged and the throttle is floor hinged, ie BMWs.

Following on from heel and toeing, for gawds sake don't try to left foot brake while moving slowing in traffic... you'll press the pedal too hard, then the anti stall instinct will kick in and you'll depress the clutch - except it'll still be the brake pedal, so you'll come lurching to a stop AND you'll stall, and you'll be thoroughly confused and worried you've forgotten how to drive.

surprisingly, left foot braking is also easier on track, little dab on the brake with your left foot while mid corner to tuck the line in feels surprisingly natural.

hahhahaha funny you should mention that, first time I ever tried left foot braking I thankfully made sure I was in a large empty area...you'd never think you'd stop that quick when using your left foot.....

Haha we've all tried it, your left foot is used to slamming the pedal flat to the ground

• Like 1

I'm not sure I really use my heel for anything, its mainly left side of ball of foot does brake, right side does throttle. I think heel and toe is misleading, as it implies the pedals are aligned vertically, whereas pedals are normally side by side.

I guess its kinda heel toe if the brake pedal is top hinged and the throttle is floor hinged, ie BMWs.

Well yeah, I think pedals originally weren't set up well for it so were probably further apart, necessitating actual use of the heel.