APS oil sump

scobie140

My high capacity oil sump has a hairline crack so on the look out for a new one. Quite fancy the APS one as its a similar design so would allow me to keep my oil temp sensor set up similar. Just struggling to find any uk suppliers to get an idea of price.

http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/sump/sump.htm this is the one i'm after if the price is right.

That explains why I can't find any for sale then.

I did think about getting it welded but this will be the 3rd time I'll have had it off and not sure about the previous owner and it's brutal to separate from the block so getting worried about introducing warping or more hairline cracks. For peace of mind I'd rather just get a new one. Found a aps replica which is what's currently fitted on eBay so might just go with that. All I'd need to do is make up a thicker plate for one of the turbo plates and tap it out to suit the temp sensor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had looked at that but I like the wide style as it means I dont loose any ground clearance. Not that I'm lowered much but we have bucket loads of speed bumps up here 😡

Can't use a spacer as my standard sump bent a bit coming off and I'd be back to less ground clearance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk