Is my clutch ok?

buckmoy

Hiya

Got a Z recently , a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering if all your clutches behave as mine:

happens in all gears, but best to try in a stationary car in neutral, about 3/4 of the way through the clutch depression I hear a noise, which coincides with the biting point of the clutch. best way I can think to describe the noise is a slowed down, pitched down, quiet dog's yelp. Its not severe, but it is noticable, and you can feel a slight abrasion at the same time. :dry:

Mines a 54 plate GT pack Gunmetal with RAYS. Its an ex demo model with 8k on the clock, used for test drives and the like, so I'm worried that first time drivers may have baked the clutch. Nothing popped up in the pre sale service though.

I've never had a car with a decent engine in it before (most I had was 1.8) so maybe this is normal for a car with a mentalist engine in it? But I wanted to know if you also had this noise/feeling thing.

Thanks

It sounds like it's normal to me. I origionally thought that there might be something wrong with the clutch when I first got mine.

Having driven a few, they all feel the same. After a short while you wont even notice it.

I to made quite a drastic upgrade to the mean machine, coming from Fords and Audis (1.8T). I now think it's great to have a heaver clutch.

hold your horses, with the heavier duty clutch remark mate....... a few have failed within the fist 20k miles (or earlier)... :) Clutch is not the strongest part at all, on our Z :dry:

I mearly ment heavier to push down, not heavier duty. :blush:

Cheers for the replies lads

Just to clarify, this noise happens even when engine is off, and only on depression, near the end of the clutch pedal travel.

Seems like some of you have the same, and some don't..

mine is a 54 plate GT - Aaron what is yours mate?

hmmmmm re-reading your first post, might not be the normal clutch noise I was mentioning mate...... better get it checked. Pretty sure my noise is only when car is switched on! also my noise is not linked to the depresingof the clutch, iirc

I had a similar sound on mine, it ended up having a new pedal fitted (under warranty), they said it was something to do with the bearing or the spring or something but to be honest I wasn't really listening - all I needed to know was they'd sorted it. Been as good as gold ever since. Reckon its worth a shout into the dealers mate.