New house issues

MrLizard

It's a bit tight getting it in but once in I can open both doors fully either out or up!! I'd seriously look into getting it widened if you can. I am sure it could be done but just comes down to hassle I guess. .

:yuck: Dude he is on about his garage doors not a saturday night one night stand at the blue oyster bar :lol::lol:

It's a bit tight getting it in but once in I can open both doors fully either out or up!! I'd seriously look into getting it widened if you can. I am sure it could be done but just comes down to hassle I guess. .

:yuck: Dude he is on about his garage doors not a saturday night one night stand at the blue oyster bar :lol::lol:

:ban:

:ban:

:lol: You dont mean that :innocent:

Mr Lizard Id get a car cover, im getting one and think it gives you the protection you need. If on your drive dont think people will want to steal it :blush:

Another -1 on the car cover. Ive seen eaxmples of when car covers have been blown around rubbing on the bodywork and its scuffed the paint something awful.

Not being able to fit the car in is a pain, I know I measured the width of the garage before buying the Z, it fits in with the mirrors opened, with only 10/15mm each side of the mirrors - once inside you can open the doors of both cars towards each other and they wont touch! but the doors are tight. The width of your garage opening must be ridiculously small if it wont fit with the mirrors folded in.

New builds are a joke for garage space though, no doubt down to some pathetic regulation that has been introduced I guess.

The missus has now been looking on house sites for another one to move to, and measuring the garage doors is on the list of any that we look at.

Another -1 on the car cover. Ive seen eaxmples of when car covers have been blown around rubbing on the bodywork and its scuffed the paint something awful.

If the cover is made to the exact specs of the car it should be okay no?

:blush:

thanks for the responses, including zedrushes sympathetic nod :p

I take a lot of care of the paintwork on all the cars ive had and would be pi**ed off if the cover scratched it, so that will probably be a no.

Ill make sure that when we move to our next house that it has a garage big anough for many cars :)

just happy to be on the property ladder, i have rented since i was 17, £500 average a month for 8 years, thats 48k down the drain, at least now im not wasting it :)

Also, i might get a bar n a pool table in the garage n get the misses to use the guest parking :lol:

thanks for the responses, including zedrushes sympathetic nod :p

I take a lot of care of the paintwork on all the cars ive had and would be pi**ed off if the cover scratched it, so that will probably be a no.

Ill make sure that when we move to our next house that it has a garage big anough for many cars :)

just happy to be on the property ladder, i have rented since i was 17, £500 average a month for 8 years, thats 48k down the drain, at least now im not wasting it :)

Also, i might get a bar n a pool table in the garage n get the misses to use the guest parking :lol:

Even if it fits like a glove there is still the possibility of wind buffeting the fabric around slightly and rubbing the car. If there is any grit on the car when you cover it, all it will take is a bit of buffeting overnight and that bit of grit gets rubbed around even if the fabric itself is nice and soft.

Maybe its me being over cautious but a car cover with the vehicle outside just doesnt appeal to me at all.

Maybe its me being over cautious but a car cover with the vehicle outside just doesnt appeal to me at all.

Well if you are I'm the same, just dont trust it. My cars have always been left outside on the drive and have always been fine. Used a cover a few time on my bike and it scratched it lightly. Now I just keep it under a loose fitting dust sheet.