350z diagnostic: Yes or no?

zelda

Hi,

Last weekend I did a 450 mile round trip to the Peak District. On the Sunday whilst I was there the EML light came on whilst I was poodling through Tesco car park (in the rain). Obviously being ~200 miles from home I was a bit twitchy about this so I followed the procedure to read the codes which came back as O2 sensor bank 2 maxium voltage (I have the actual codes written down).

Happy that it was nothing catastrophic I continued on with my weekend, and the drive back home with the EML light on the whole time. I had no performance issues whatsoever, and I returned a health 27.1 MPG.

2 days after getting home I started the car and the light didn't come on.

I have about 1 month left on my warranty with the dealer so I'd booked up a diagnostic test which is required by the warranty company to prove that there's a fault - but now I don't know whether I should bother getting it done now as the EML light doesn't show. (It'll be sods law that after my warranty runs out the light will come back!)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Edited by zelda

I'm not sure fella, no harm in getting it looked at while still in warranty tho

I can say with confidence that my old Z used to love throwing up the EML randomly and it would always be linked to one sensor or other.

Never had any issues with the car and after re setting the ECU it seemed to sort the issue each time. I think sensor error codes are pretty common and nothing too worry about.

Edited by nowhereboy

So I should add that the warranty doesn't cover diagnostics, so as the light is now off I feel like I'm spending 50 quid for nothing.

I guess my question should be, are the codes stored in the ECU memory?

Agreed, codes should still be logged on the ECU. Turns out Ive had 2 codes stored on the ECU since I bought the car back in August yet the CEL never came on once so I would definitely get it checked for peace of mind.