Bridgestone potenza s001 cracking up

SHEZZA

Ok chaps just after some views/opions on my situation.

Basically bought a second hand Astra GTC as the replacement daily for the other half/family wagon about six months ago. Cars a 14 plate and had 11k on the clock with original tyres. I Knew the fronts would need changing come MOT time which is now due, car now having done 18k.

Gave the car a wash today and now what I call the monthly muck out ! When cleaning the wheels noticed that the passenger front has splits on the sidewall ! Obviously now I'm going to get the fronts replaced now as soon as. What I can't decide now though is weather to get the s001's again which is what is was originally going to do to match the rears, though now I have doubts about them and thinking about changing brand. Choice is limited though as there a funny size being 235/50/18. Thinking Michelin primacy 3. I know tyres crack with age but surely this is a bit premature.

How old are the tyres? I know it's a 14 plate but the tyres could be much older, check for the 4 digit code like 2514 (week 25, 2014).

If you like the S001s, stick with them I say.

Hi Dan tyres are 5013 so just just under three and a half years old now so due a change really.

Bit odd to get excessive cracking on that age mind you, but not completely impossible especially when you consider the low mileage, meaning it's been standing around doing nothing for ages. One of those things, probably never know but it wouldn't stop me buying the same tyre again :)

That's what I'd thought as it was low mileage for a two and a half year old car, we will be doing easily 12k a year so they won't be hanging around for long.

Bit odd to get excessive cracking on that age mind you, but not completely impossible especially when you consider the low mileage, meaning it's been standing around doing nothing for ages. One of those things, probably never know but it wouldn't stop me buying the same tyre again :)