Headlight auto off?

MDMetal

On my 54 plate 350 if I park, turn off the engine and remove the keys the car will emit a warning tone and I need to manually switch off the headlights, on the missu qashqai the lights just turn off when the key is removed, is there a magic setting for this anywhere or are we stuck forever twisting the lights to off?

As far as I know you have to go through the terrible process of twisting the knob

It only works for cars with auto lights, which didn't come on the 350z

I'm not thinking of lights that come on or off automatically beyond "turn off when the key is out" the qashqai I'm refering too doesn't have autolights either

No auto off/on on our zeds (350z) I'm afraid. Unless you can program your fingers to automatically switch them off =) It will not switch off when key is pulled out either...

Edited by veeg33

On US models there is no auto on off for headlights but I believe there is a system in place for battery saving that will shut down electrical system if stuff is left on.

Cool, that's what I'm after. Again with the Qashqai I'm always turning the lights off in the morning as when we park it at night we leave the lights on, they turn off when the keys removed right away and turn back on in the morning when the key is turned.

On US models there is no auto on off for headlights but I believe there is a system in place for battery saving that will shut down electrical system if stuff is left on.

Cool, that's what I'm after. Again with the Qashqai I'm always turning the lights off in the morning as when we park it at night we leave the lights on, they turn off when the keys removed right away and turn back on in the morning when the key is turned.

Surely this is just the reverse of what we do? Park at night, turn the lights off, then you don't need to turn them off in the morning?

Surely this is just the reverse of what we do? Park at night, turn the lights off, then you don't need to turn them off in the morning?

Point is when there's no ignition the lights are off, if anyone was to try doing something clever with the lights then they'd be safe in the knowledge that removing the key stops anything eating the battery.

Digging in the manual under the lights section and BCM it does have a 5min shut off. I'm guessing that could I could just add a relay in that effectivly kills the input from the combination switch (stalk) when the ignition is off.