Earthing points?

GeorgeW

When I press the brake pedal, the front side lights come on, any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm guessing it's some earthing issue? If so where would I find these?

Could this issue also be causing my one brake light to be intermittent? They are LeD on the rear

Thanks

When I press the brake pedal, the front side lights come on, any ideas on how to fix this?

Could this issue also be causing my one brake light to be intermittent? They are LeD on the rear

Thanks

I had exactly the same issue on a brand new mini I owned in the 70's. The main dealer was unable to fix it and sent it to an auto electrician who discovered that one of the bulbs was faulty. It was a long time ago so I don't remember if it was a sidelight bulb or one of the brake light bulbs.

Pete

Thanks

I had exactly the same issue on a brand new mini I owned in the 70's. The main dealer was unable to fix it and sent it to an auto electrician who discovered that one of the bulbs was faulty. It was a long time ago so I don't remember if it was a sidelight bulb or one of the brake light bulbs.

Pete

I was just talking about this today at work!

When he braked all the front of the car lit up. spent hours looking for the fault and it turned out to be the dual filament bulb, the bit that lights when the brakes is applied had broken and fallen onto the other filament still completing the circuit but causing the weird fault.

Hope this fix is as simple as that, worth a check

Thanks

Pete

I was just talking about this today at work!

When he braked all the front of the car lit up. spent hours looking for the fault and it turned out to be the dual filament bulb, the bit that lights when the brakes is applied had broken and fallen onto the other filament still completing the circuit but causing the weird fault.

Hope this fix is as simple as that, worth a check

Now you mention it, I think it was one of the dual filament bulbs that was faulty :)

Pete

The rear lights are LED, is have been fiddling with them this evening, I got them working, then put the light back on the car, then it goes off again! When I looked into the wiring, two wires were lose - as in not soldered onto another wire, just taped to it. I then soldered them up, but the lights still don't come back on, so I'm wondering if it is bad earth after all?