Dash cams

Stephanie

Looking to get a pretty inexpensive front dash cam £100 or less.

Also asking myself the question is it worth getting a rear dash cam? Again inexpensive nothing too fancy.

Getting a new double din head unit fitted (Pioneer SPHDA-120) on Monday and they can wire in a rear dash cam whilst they are fitting the radio, so the rear image comes up on the screen. Not sure if only certain rear dash cams are compatible ?

Pretty OCD when it comes to mess/leads/wires

My thoughts were to route the front dash came wire along the head liner, down the B pillar by the drivers door and round the back of the seat into the rear cigarette lighter

Thoughts/recommendations...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stephanie

. Not amazing, but can't complain for the price - does the job.

As for wires:

- Comes from behind rear view mirror

- Straight into headliner

- Along the headliner to the B pillar

- Run down that

At which point you can either go behind some more trim (next to rear speakers / glovebox) to get to the rear 12V, or just pop out under / behind the passenger seat and go up to the socket.

(Remove the rubber door seals and it makes it really easy to tuck it in behind).

Rear cam is probably worth it, though I personally haven't bothered. Always a chance you get rear ended and it helps out though.

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

. Not amazing, but can't complain for the price - does the job.

As for wires:

- Comes from behind rear view mirror

- Straight into headliner

- Along the headliner to the B pillar

- Run down that

At which point you can either go behind some more trim (next to rear speakers / glovebox) to get to the rear 12V, or just pop out under / behind the passenger seat and go up to the socket.

(Remove the rubber door seals and it makes it really easy to tuck it in behind).

Rear cam is probably worth it, though I personally haven't bothered. Always a chance you get rear ended and it helps out though.

Nice thanks Studul! The chap in the video sounds very much like James May☺ï¸

Almost definitely going to get that one, atleast for now! Not sure you can go wrong for that price.

Really helpful video Thankyou ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Haha, It's a hint of Yorkshire i think ;) Got excited when I saw Huddersfield in the video review.

You can spend more for better video quality, but if you're happy with how that looks then go for it. Just be careful of fakes.

Initially i bought one off ebay that turned out to be fake, but returned it and got a legit one from Gearbest (the updated one with a capacitor and black bezel)

Edited by Strudul

I've personally not gone for a rear "dash" cam, simply because if you get rear ended it's their fault.

If you fancy a reverse camera for your headunit, so the rear image comes up on the screen, the ones which drop in to the number plate light recess are quite discreet and effective for backing up, especially at night.

This style http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVERSE-REAR-CAMERA-FOR-NISSAN-GT-R-PULSAR-CUBE-FAIRLADY-350Z-370Z-UK-SELLER-/252570646744?hash=item3ace6238d8:g:Y3cAAOSwzaJX9MfK

• Like 1

I've personally not gone for a rear "dash" cam, simply because if you get rear ended it's their fault.

Until they run off and you have no evidence of who hit you. :(

If they run off, then the car is still parked in the rear of yours :shrug:

If you fancy a reverse camera for your headunit, so the rear image comes up on the screen, the ones which drop in to the number plate light recess are quite discreet and effective for backing up, especially at night.

This style http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVERSE-REAR-CAMERA-FOR-NISSAN-GT-R-PULSAR-CUBE-FAIRLADY-350Z-370Z-UK-SELLER-/252570646744?hash=item3ace6238d8:g:Y3cAAOSwzaJX9MfK

That's awesome, although presuming this need to be plugged into cigarette lighter ? Or plugged into just the head unit ?

If it's just the head unit I'm almost definitely purchasing! Pretty useful especially for £18!

Thanks buddy

When you find that special person out there who laughs at this stuff, make sure you don't let them go, there can't be more than one.

Hahah I'm laughing at this comment 😂but admittedly I also laughed when I saw the above photos👀ðŸ˜ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

also ............... there are many, many threads on this subject

take a scoot through :thumbs:

I'm useless at navigating the forum from my phone, seems to be so complicated difficult to find certain threads unless I spend hours of scrolling or looking for the "search" barâ˜ºï¸ I don't think it helps much that I use Tapatalk, starts searching the entire app 🙈

But Thankyou ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

When you find that special person out there who laughs at this stuff, make sure you don't let them go, there can't be more than one.

Basically you've totally misunderstood bantz.

But just in case you genuinely didn't understand my comment, I meant drive off in the car as in a "hit and run"

also ............... there are many, many threads on this subject

take a scoot through :thumbs:

I'm useless at navigating the forum from my phone, seems to be so complicated difficult to find certain threads unless I spend hours of scrolling or looking for the "search" barâ˜ºï¸ I don't think it helps much that I use Tapatalk, starts searching the entire app ������

But Thankyou ������������

Use Google instead, gives better results than the forum search.

Search "Dashcam 350z-uk" or

"Dashcam site:350z-uk.com" if you want to do it properly.

Edited by Strudul

Basically you've totally misunderstood bantz.

But just in case you genuinely didn't understand my comment, I meant drive off in the car as in a "hit and run"

Keep going. See where it gets you.