Thinking about re trimming my door cards......

Rbailey182

As above.

I've been toying with the idea of re trimming my door cards in Alcantara/alcantara type material but there is one area of concern.

I think the door card in general won't be too bad to do as it is fairly flat. My only concern would be the contoured area where the door meets the dash board.

Has anyone on here attempted to do the door cards themselves and if so how was it to get that area spot on?

I'm hoping to not have to put a joining line in it in order to get the material to sit properly. Any tips would also be gratefully welcome :)

For a really good result, the ends need to be made of separate pieces to the main body. You're likely to get wrinkles otherwise.

You'll also need to strip the original vinyl covering off the doorcard without damaging the foam layer underneath!

Not a big fan of the suede look but if you're curious theres an ebay seller that makes leather covers fro the 350z doors, the photos should give you an idea of the components you'd need. It's soemthing I'm going toa ttempt at some point as I have a cunning plan!